Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Princess and the Frog Cake

 
 
Princess and the Frog cake was made using the frozen buttercream transfer technique instead of the piping technique used in Wilton Course 1 Lesson 2.
 
I found a coloring page of Princess Tiana.  I traced the picture using a black sharpie so that the picture would show through on the other side of the paper.  I turned the picture over to the transverse side and taped it to the back of a cookie cutter sheet.  I then covered the picture with wax paper and piped the outline with black icing.  I filled in the colors with brown, red, and green icing.  I completely covered the back with white icing.  The picture was placed in the freezer for about 90 minutes.  After it was completely frozen, I placed the picture on top of the cake and outlined the design in white and placed  the green zigzag border taught in lesson 2 around the cake using Wilton Tip 18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment